Wednesday, June 2, 2010

feels like home.

angles and beaming light. color and light cascade down my steep legs and flesh from the skylight above.

these rooms are overflowing with energy.

when i am alone i play with the vibrations of my voice; i throw them this way and that, and bounce them off the ceiling, the tiles, even the door knobs. i tangle myself in the swarm of pitches and tones that rickashay off every surface and i spin. and i spin. and i spin. if you were here, i'd dance circles around you.

i can hear myself breathe here. i lay on my bed, transfixed on the dance that my chest rehearses over again and again. up, down. up, down. i imagine what your breathing sounds like, wherever you are, and try i to mimic so that my chest will rise and fall with yours.

at night i chase my shadows, and listen to the quiet; the quiet that is occasionally interrupted by the beautiful people that i live with.

the first is a fabulously gay man with the most beautiful legs i have ever seen. he is statuesque. i imagine him standing among the greek and roman statues. tall, dark, and contrapposto.

he says things like, "does a cock ring count as an accessory?"

he makes me smile.

the other is the most beautiful thing i have ever laid my eyes on. i am drawn to him. i am painfully observant; i watch him and the way he rinses dishes, reacts to words, and absorbs light.

he makes my heart skip beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment